background

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

To Do List


I was making a mental "to do" list in my head this morning. The very concept is funny, because I make a mental list and literally two minutes later I've forgotten what is on the list. "Why don't you write it down?", you ask. Ha. Been There. Done That. Lost the list. -every time. So, I've pretty much given up on lists. My day is spent by wandering around my house and seeing what needs done and then doing it. (some of the time.) Or perhaps I wander around and think about doing something and then am distracted by something or someone else (usually my daughter) and I never do get back to doing what it was I set out to do.

At one point this morning, I set out to clean off the surface of my coffee table. It is ALWAYS cluttered with stuff. As quickly as I clean it off, I quickly set more things down. My laptop was on the coffee table - so of course, I had to check my email and read a few of my favorite blogs. As bloggers know...one blog typically leads to another and another and it can be very easy to use up a lot of time reading blogs. Blogging can be a great thing --especially when you come across great posts!


I found this entry this morning and I've hereby dubbed it my favorite post of the day! Forget about your "to do" list --and spend some time at the Lord's feet. Put it at the TOP of your list. You'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

Your post remeinds me of another blog friend who wrote about her Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder or AAADD :)...I think we all get distracted very easily..I know i do...thnks for the link to my post today...its something I find on my mind periodically...then I find I have been distracted from Him...
thanks for stopping by