background

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Beyond the Veil - The Holy of Holies

Many of you have requested to see more of my art. Recently, I read someone's blog post regarding The Holy of Holies. It prompted me to take a photograph of this painting which I did as the cover art for a worship CD entitled, Beyond the Veil.

We are so privileged as Christians. God's Word tells us that the moment Jesus died at Calvary, the veil of the temple was torn in two. The temple veil was a large, very thick (8 inches thick, I believe) fabric which separated the place where the common people were allowed to be and the place where only once a year the priest went into the Holy of Holies to offer a sacrifice to God for the atonement of the peoples' sin.

When Jesus died, the torn veil was a sign from the Lord that now anyone could approach His throne --not just the priest. Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. No other sacrifice is necessary. Because of the great price He paid with His life, we all, as Christians, have the privilege, honor and authority to come to the Lord with our offerings of praise and thanksgiving and our petitions and requests. God hears us all --no matter our social or economic status --no matter our position in the church --no matter our age or our race. He looks beyond our background and our 'baggage'. He hears us. When we come to Him with a humble heart of repentence and offer Him our hearts, He hears us. When we ask Him to be the Lord of our life, he saves us from a life of devastation and lifts us to a place of honor. In His eyes we are considered a "royal priesthood". We are washed clean before Him. He doesn't see our sin. He doesn't see our mistakes. He doesn't see our failure. He sees us with pure hearts --white as snow --clean. Just as if we had never sinned.

God is awesome, isn't He?

Why not spend a few moments today in His presence--In the Holy of Holies? Thank Him for all He has done. Give Him praise for all the countless blessings He gives. Honor Him with your presence. He desires more than anything that you spend time with Him. Don't miss out on something that will be life-changing...because every time we spend time in His presence, we are changed for eternity!

6 comments:

Pat said...

Awesome picture, your so talented, God has really given you an extraordinary gift. The message is so important and it actually thrills me to know that I can go directly to Him - I can bask in His presence -the veil is torn! WOW, I feel like shouting!!

Sara said...

this is the second blog i've read on this subject and i feel drawn more toward the holy of holies every time. i think i get spiritual amnesia that it's there; or how wonderful it is. your beautiful painting just still my spirit and called me to where i belong; beyond the veil. thank you deb. love you my sister that i've never met.

Margie said...

I just wrote about this on Sunday... how amazing is that? God is so good!

Rick said...

I did a Google search for Holy or Holies and your painting came up - just wanted to post a note telling you that I like it. Good work. I post a little of my art on my blog too.

adebanji said...

Inspiring painting! This is what we are studying about in our church at the moment, this picture speaks louder than words!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled and in awestruck as I read your message about the Holy of Holies. I have been teaching the tabernacle of Moses to my church and we are at the final stage of teaching the Holy of Holies. I am so amazed at what God has revealed to us and what he has given us , his faithful love and the fellowship he carved from us by going all the way to send Jesus to die for our sins so we can come back to Him. This is where we are now as Christian and the revelation of this study gives us a clue of our eternal lives and the expectations, and the knowledge of why we should worship, and pray and have intimacy with God because that is why we were created and that is what we will be doing when we meet him face to face i heaven. Thank you. God bless you. I am so overwhelmed with His presence. My fellow saints in our congregation experienced a glimpse of the Shekinah glory while we were at the study of the Altar of Incense. I am looking forward to what God is going to do next week as we get into the Holy of Holies. All glory belongs to Him who sits on the throne.