background

Thursday, October 27, 2005

mulling over

I just finished my 30 minutes on the exercise bike! (yeah me!) It was a little more difficult today than it has been the last few times --- it was probably because I hadn't warmed up my legs first. My legs just didn't want to cooperate when I tried to keep my speed up beyond eight miles an hour. Finally I settled on 7.5 --got a good pace going ---and let myself get lost in the music playing in my headphones. The CD of choice is Casting Crowns. For one thing, I love their music - for another thing - it's lively enough to encourage me to keep pedaling!

There is a song on that CD --Here I Go Again. It talks about how we can so easily talk to our friends about "the rain and mulling over things that won't live past today", but there's a fear that grips our hearts when we attempt to tell them about that only thing that matters in this life and that is whether or not they know the Lord as their Savior. "Maybe this will be the day when I speak the words of life with Your fire in my eyes"...

Wait --this song is really good --let me get the words and type them out:

Here I Go Again

Father, hear my prayer
I need the perfect words
Words that he will hear
And know they're straight from You
I don't know what to say
I only know it hurts
To see my only friend slowly fade away.

So maybe this time I'll speak the words of life
With Your fire in my eyes
But that old familiar fear is tearing at my words
What am I so afraid of?

'Cause here I go again
Talkin' 'bout the rain
And mulling over things that won't live past today
And as I dance around the truth
Time is not his friend
This might be my last chance to tell him that
You love him
But here I go again, here I go again

Lord, you love him so, You gave Your only Son
If he will just believe, he will never die
But how then will he know what he has never heard
Lord he has never seen mirrored in my life

This might be my last chance to tell him that You love him
This might be my last chance to tell him that You love him
You love him, you love him
What Am I so afraid
What am I so afraid
What am I so afraid of?
How then will he know
What he has never heard.

It's really a great song --and it has spoken to my heart. Because my days are filled with caring for Olivia, I don't really have a whole lot of contact with other people. But tonight, it's our monthly "cousins dinner". All of us "girls" get together and go out to eat --we each take turns picking the restaurant. Tonight it was my turn - we're going to The Hickory Grille in Hermitage, PA where they serve the very best Stuffed Portabella Mushroom appetizer! Anyway...I digress. My prayer is that tonight I will not pass up any opportunity that the Lord gives me to speak His Truth. Most of my cousins know Him. Some do not. May I be faithful to share His love ---wherever He leads me. I challenge all of the Christians reading this to do the same. And...if you're reading this and you don't know the Lord. You are missing out on so many blessings in this life. God sent His Son to die for you so that if you would only believe and ask Him to be the Lord of your heart --you will live forever with Him. It's too good a deal to pass up! He loves you more than you know! Ask Him to reveal Himself to you --He will. Read the book of John in the New Testament. Okay --gotta go get ready for the cousins dinner. Until next time....

No comments: