background

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Everybody Loves Raymond

Have you all seen the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where the suitcase sits on the stair landing for DAYS because neither Deborah or Raymond will put it away? - each waiting for the other one to do it? Well....we returned home from Florida on Friday. It's now Thursday. Tomorrow will be one week since we've returned. It's not that I expect my husband to unpack the suitcases - because I don't. He works long hours at the office and when he comes home, the last thing he wants to do is unpack a suitcase. There is the matter of the dead Palmetto bug that is lying, upside-down on the kitchen floor ---hitched a ride in the suitcase. It is not in a direct traffic area....so I haven't picked it up. I only knew it was a dead Palmetto bug just yesterday ---previously, I thought it was a piece of fuzz. I think if the FDA or whomever it is that inspects restaurants were to come in my kitchen and inspect - we'd fail. Can't serve food here! Comtaminated! Dead Bug Area! ARGH! Okay --that means I don't have to cook dinner tonight right?!

Randy is also aware of the dead Palmetto Bug ---he hasn't bent down to pick it up either. And since Olivia is old enough that she's no longer putting everything in her mouth....I'll just let it sit there and see if Randy picks it up....

No comments: