background

Friday, November 28, 2008

The Color of the Day...

One of Olivia's favorite snacks is chocolate covered pretzels, so when I spied this candy mold at KMart the other day, I decided that perhaps it would be a fun thing for us to do together.



...and it was fun...for the first ten minutes until my patience ran thin. Warning: Don't try this at home when you're exhausted and grumpy because after working all night you rode with your friend 20 miles to the next town in order to pick up a Christmas layaway only to discover that your layaway slip is not in your purse. The line for layaway was long - and not moving. What was I thinking attempting this on 'black Friday'? There's a reason they call it 'black Friday'. I absolutely hate shopping on this day. This is the reason I usually have my Christmas shopping done in October. I should have known better.

I came home and took a nap. It didn't help. I still can't find the layaway slip that is lost in the black hole that is my house.

Black Friday.
Black Hole.

My layaway is still in the store. I'm not even sure why I have a layaway. Why I just didn't purchase the items on the day that I put them in layaway is beyond me. I guess I was thinking that it's less items that I have to store. Let them store them for me.

Let's go out to dinner....too late. Brillo Man and Olivia had already gone to a restaurant while I was sleeping. Enter frozen microwaveable burrito and a glass of Black Cherry pop.

Black Friday.
Black Hole.
Black Cherry.


Okay - back to the Christmas Tree Pretzels...they didn't turn out too badly for a six year old's first attempt.







I ate one too. What's this? ugh. A hair. One of mine...eewwww. There's a reason that the cafeteria ladies wear hair nets.

Black Friday.
Black Hole.
Black Cherry.
Black Hair.


Tomorrow we're going to my sister's for our family celebration. I'm hoping for a different color....

...gotta go work on my attitude...I'm praying for Pink.

Happy.
Fun.
Joyful.
Pink.


Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
-Psalm 51:12

7 comments:

Louise said...

Pink is a nice attitude to have ...

Dawna said...

Give olivia a hug for me. Wonderful looking pretzels, probably better than I could have made myself. Hey, I heard the coolest thingy no tv this morning. (Between Dave's sports updates) There is a church somewhere (? I'm not good with details) that held a Black Friday Church Service. It was all about perceptions and getting OUT OF THIS SHOPPING mentality we Americans have around Christmas. Is that cool or what? Next year I want to suggest it at our church. A day of celebration because our home is NOT here...or at any stupid mall...or tied to a tiny lost lay-away slip. Hugs Deb..it is definitely looking pinker out today.

Trish said...

Miss Olivia did a great job on the Pretzels! Ooh, I'm so glad to hear I wasn't the only gal with a case of crabbies yesterday!!!
Have a great trip and I'm lovin' Pink today!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat said...

Those pretzels look soooo good. Nothing like sweet and salty.
I'm all for pink, I think you've exhausted Black!

Margie said...

she did a much better job than i could have done!!

I used to always layaway!

Mrs. Mac said...

I've been lurking just a little bit lately ... too in need of pink myself ;) Maybe it was the cooking frenzy last week ... I loved this post and hope you are in the pink today.

Hugs

donna said...

cathcing up...slowly on blogs
I am so out of it