background

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday --on Sunday - so, I'm a little behind...


So much for following the rules posted on the Self Portrait Tuesday website...we're supposed to post our self portraits on Tuesday --hence the name, duh. I was busy cleaning on Tuesday. Someone was coming on Friday. On Tuesday, I started cleaning. I hate cleaning. Anyway --that has nothing to do with my portrait. My portrait is an altered photo of my left foot. It isn't really this color --although those colors are kinda neat in a neon sort of way. But --the story is this....The topic for the portrait is supposed to be personal history. I remember (like it was yesterday) years ago asking my mother why her feet were so rough. She told me that she was old and once I had walked around on my feet for over 40 years that they'd look like that too. They do. I'm old. (and I think I'm getting a bunyon.) Enjoy the foot ---oh, and if you're Maria --don't look at the photo --because we all know that Maria can't tolerate anything to do with feet! (I sent Maria a free sample of foot fungus gunk in the mail once --complete with a huge photo of some feet with fungus. That grossed her out. It was my job. She freaked. I laughed.

2 comments:

Lori said...

You got issues. And if the roughness of your feet make you old them I'm right there too. So if I'M old, you must be......

Anonymous said...

and if you both think your old -- well I'm a mommy. ha, ha