background

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday --on Sunday - so, I'm a little behind...


So much for following the rules posted on the Self Portrait Tuesday website...we're supposed to post our self portraits on Tuesday --hence the name, duh. I was busy cleaning on Tuesday. Someone was coming on Friday. On Tuesday, I started cleaning. I hate cleaning. Anyway --that has nothing to do with my portrait. My portrait is an altered photo of my left foot. It isn't really this color --although those colors are kinda neat in a neon sort of way. But --the story is this....The topic for the portrait is supposed to be personal history. I remember (like it was yesterday) years ago asking my mother why her feet were so rough. She told me that she was old and once I had walked around on my feet for over 40 years that they'd look like that too. They do. I'm old. (and I think I'm getting a bunyon.) Enjoy the foot ---oh, and if you're Maria --don't look at the photo --because we all know that Maria can't tolerate anything to do with feet! (I sent Maria a free sample of foot fungus gunk in the mail once --complete with a huge photo of some feet with fungus. That grossed her out. It was my job. She freaked. I laughed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and if you both think your old -- well I'm a mommy. ha, ha