background

Monday, January 30, 2006

Feeling the Pressure




I'm feeling the pressure.
I want to apply to be a part of the Blogs Illustrated webring. That would mean that I need to start blogging my art.

Okay.

I'm blogging.

These are three pencil drawings --the originals are much larger than they appear here and they've lost a lot of the detail --but, you get the drift.

When I was in Junior High School, my art teacher, Mr. Harry Miller, gave us a weekly assignment which was to turn in three pencil drawings --realism. By the time we reached ninth grade, we had to turn in five drawings per week. That assignment instilled a lot of discipline in me - although, truthfully, as an artist, I already was pretty much a perfectionist. I wouldn't say that I'm a perfectionist in other areas of my life, (housekeeping, to name one), but with art - I'm a perfectionist. Which is one reason why I'm probably not submitting things professionally as much as I should --fear of failure that my art won't be good enough or perfect enough or whatever. Anyway...that's another subject...one for my psycho blog (which is yet to be created.)

Pencil will forever be my favorite medium.

Mr. Harry Miller from George Washington Junior High School - if you're out there - thank you.

No comments: