background

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Some of us...

Here are some of us girls at my sister's for our annual holiday celebration. We were missing my Mom, my nephew's fiance, Nicole, my niece, Ashley and my sister-in-law, Berta. Those four would have completed "the girls" photo --but it was not to be this year....maybe next year.

There's no denying that my sister is my sister! In fact, she walked by and out of the corner of my eye I did a double take and tried to figure out how I was walking by... ...doesn't take much to confuse me these days! You can click the photo to enlarge it.



Left to right:
Olivia -age 6
Myself
Aunt Carolyn (my Mom's sister and Pam's Mother)
Maggie -age 2(Pam's daughter)
Pam (my cousin)
Makayla -age 5(Pam's daughter)
Julia -age 9(Lori's daughter)
Rachel -age 13 (Lori's daughter)
Lori (my sister)

Spread on the table are the Suubi beads that I heard about via Margie's daughter, Phyllis. I submitted an inquiry and the next thing I knew, I received a box of them to sell! okay...now what? I have to come up with a creative way to move the merchandise so that the African women who made them will earn some money to care for their families. It's a blessing to know that I'm helping a village in Africa - even in such a small way as selling their jewelry!

Since all were not able to attend the annual gathering this year, we're hoping to get together around Easter time. I think that Nicole and Michael's second child will have arrived by then --perhaps another girl to add to our family group!


Each year you and your family
are to eat...in the presence of the LORD your God
at the place he will choose.
-Deuteronomy 15:20 (omission mine)

9 comments:

Becky said...

loverly picture! the suubi women are so beautiful! their numbers have now doubled for this group! have a great day!

Constance said...

Don't you just love family get togethers? I sure do!

I remember those movies from when I was a kid.
"The Trouble With Angels"
and
"Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows".

They were such fun when I was a young girl. Of course I was attending Catholic grade school at the time so I especially enjoyed them!
Connie

Jada's Gigi said...

How awesome to have a girls day in the family! We may have to star that tradition here. You and your sister do look JUST alike!! Are you twins??

Mrs. Mac said...

My only sisters are the 'scarf sisters' ... not a bad one in the bunch though ... you ARE very blessed to have sisters.

WV = artas I'll let you, the artist, figure that one out ;)

Deb said...

Nope---we're not twins. Lori is eight years younger than I.

Deb said...

mrs. mac...posting at the same time as I...again??!!

Artas....a town in South Dakota.

I have one biological sister and many sisters of the heart!

Trish said...

How beautiful! I have 5 sisters of which I am the oldest!!!! I'm really loving my Scarf Sisters, what a bond we have!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! I have two sisters who I will probably see within the wekk, as our aunt in West Virgina passed away on Monday. Sisters in the flesh and sisters in Christ [and sisters in scarfs] are wonderful gifts!!!

Pat said...

What a great picture, I'm sure you'll cherish having this. I have no sisters except my blog sisters...and I'm so thankful for everyone!