background

Friday, December 19, 2008

Seven Things

Okay --gotta get those "seven things" done from that long ago tag. Besides, it was scary everytime I called up my blog and saw my face staring back. Creepin' me out!

Here's the seven things:

Seven things I did before I was a Mom:

  • Traveled to Italy and The Dominican Republic
    (one for vacation and the other for a missions trip).
  • Had season tickets to The Pittsburgh Symphony.
  • Went out to dinner at least once a week, probably more.
  • Spent a lot of time on my artwork.
  • Listened to praise music constantly.
  • Hiked through the Shenandoah Mountains with Brillo Man.
  • Spent way too much money on books (I've cut down - really - although Brillo Man may disagree...).


Seven things I do now that I know Jesus really loves me:

  • Sing praises at the top of my lungs when I'm alone in my van.
  • Pray at the top of my lungs when I'm alone in my van.
  • Forgive others more easily...still working on this one...but if I'm forgiven and He's extended so much grace to me, then I need to be extending grace to others.
  • Think about reading my Bible more...I don't read it enough...and I know that I should be reading more!!!
  • Make a conscious effort to tell others about Him - either through my words or my actions.
  • Spend time recognizing His many blessings toward me.
  • Get excited about worship.


Seven things I would like to do:

  • Learn to play the cello.
  • Sing more.
  • Walk into my completely clean house...knowing that I was the one to get it to that point.
  • Create more art.
  • Lose weight.
  • Be more in control of my emotions.
  • Vacation in Hawaii and Alaska.


Seven things that still attract me to my husband:

  • His completely hairy self (with the exception of that bald spot).
  • His warm, strong embraces...I feel like all the cares of this world melt away when he holds me...which is nearly not often enough!
  • His ability to dream big.
  • His creative writing mind.
  • His goofy, little, smirky smile.
  • His sense of humor - which most often appears in his writing.
  • His spontaneity.


My seven favorite foods:

  • Pasta in any size, shape or form with any type of sauce or no sauce.
  • Chocolate (especially DARK).
  • Peach Pie.
  • Brillo Man's homemade soups. He has been dubbed "The King of Soups" by Olivia!
  • Grilled steak.
  • Homemade bread fresh from the oven with butter (which I buy from the bakery and microwave to simulate that fresh-from-the-oven-warmth!--no energy to bake bread at my house).
  • Sausage and Black Olive Pizza from Pizza Joe's.


Seven things I say most often:

  • Oh, for cryin' out loud!
  • That's not anything you need to worry about.
  • OLIVIA!
  • Give me a break.
  • What's up with that?!
  • You're all pitiful.
  • Go jump in a lake.



Then Peter came to Jesus and asked,
"Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother
when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times,
but seventy-seven times."
-Matthew 18:21,22

3 comments:

Constance said...

Traveled to Italy... WOW I'll bet that was amazing! You should post pics sometime. In fact, that's something we should all do, post a couple of pictures from a vacation a LONG time ago! That would be fun wouldn't it?

Fresh baked bread....yummy, one of my favorite smells! I was in Costco yesterday and they were baking and the aroma traveled all the way into the parking lot!

Now, don't you feel better? No more guilt, tee-hee!
Connie

Trish said...

Pasta, fresh bread and lots of melted butter. Mmmmmm!
My Gramma made the best Peach Pies.
I miss all of her homemade goodies...I wanted her recipe but she NEVER used a recipe.
Italy...Wow!!! We need to Post old vacation pics...good idea Constance!!!

Anonymous said...

I want so badly to learn to play the cello.

I don't see it happening! Are you pursuing this?