background

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend

Brillo Man had an emotional weekend.

He had to say goodbye to an old friend.

A friend who has been with him through thick and thin.

Through sunshine and rain.

Through the muck and mire.

In all kinds of weather and in all kinds of storms.

He sold his beloved excavator. gasp!!

Whatever will he do now when he's bored? He will have no 'friend' to help him dig holes all over our property. Alas.

Here he is - posing for one last photo with his friend:



Driving it up onto the buyer's trailer:



Reluctant to leave...



The new owner driving away with Brillo Man's old friend... such a sad, sad day.

3 comments:

Pat said...

A sad day for sure...this would make Hal need a tranquilizer! In fact, if we were closer, Hal would have probably bought it from him. Why? I don't know, that's just the way guys are.
Does this mean there's a new "friend" in Randy's future?

Diane said...

Parting is such sweet sorrow......

God love him, no wonder he had heart issues over the weekend! This makes me feel much better. I now know his heart will recover once he mourns his dear, lost friend! (I am just teasing Deb. I am praying for the days ahead and love you very much!)


Many hugs............

Di

donna said...

I can soooooo relate. I actually dedicated a chapter in my book to the day my Eddie Bauer Red Extended Ford MiniVan with lovely cloth seats that had been my constant companion for almost 20 years was hauled off...sad is right. :)