background

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Priming....

With all my blog buddies sharing their home projects, it's given Brillo Man and I "the bug" to finally finish the bathroom in the basement. When we moved into this house, there was a bathroom there. However, Brillo Man tore it out after we had been here for two years because the tank under the shower floor had cracked and water began leaking every time someone used the shower. Mold and mildew were having a field day. The under-the-floor shower tank had to go!

Over the past few days, there have been two men working here to help out with this project as neither Brillo Man nor myself have the physical capabilities to accomplish the rebuild ourselves. There are some things we can do however. Painting is one of them. With the walls rebuilt and the drywall in place, it's time to prime and paint!

Olivia insisted on helping me prime the walls. She didn't do such a bad job and actually had less paint on her when all was said and done than I did!

8 comments:

Diane said...

Well, it looks like you've got a good little helper there! Can't wait to see the finished project! Have a great Sunday!

Many hugs...........

Diane

Jada's Gigi said...

So many projects around here that I need to get done! Good for you!

Trish said...

Wow! that Olivia's a great little helper. Waiting to see the Reveal!

Terry said...

oh deb..what a trooper that olivia is!
i think it is going to be looking like a professional job.
after all isn't the little lassie a budding artist, just like her mama?
where is bentley during all of these shenanigans.?
doesn't he want a piece of the action too.?
oh i know where he is, besides being on my computer desk top...he is still guarding your art blog and he tells me that he is getting pretty tired, standing there like a little behaving gentleman!...ha!...love terry

Constance said...

Painting walls I can do, painting pictures, that's another story! Home improvement projects are a lot of fun! I love the end result!
Connie

Diane said...

I just wanted to drop by to say thanks for the beautiful comment you left at my place. Thank you so much for your prayers. It is difficult moving forward without Terry, but the Lord is faithful and He is giving me strength I never knew I had. So much of that strength has come from family friends just like you who have lifted me up and never let me walk this road alone. I love you and I am so thankful to be able to call you my friend.

Many hugs.........

Diane

Sara said...

when she's done painting, send miss thing over here!

donna said...

What a cutey !!! And a BIG helper!