background

Friday, September 18, 2009

Today's Word: HUMOR!

Okay...where was in my "5 Word" thing?...Humor. What can I say about humor? I'm not feeling particulary humorous today.

I'm cheating - go here to watch this: Wedding Ceremony - My Waffle Wedded Wife I'm guessing you'll laugh. Or at least smile. I laughed. In fact, I laughed until I cried. I could be that bride. Well, no, I couldn't. I'm not that thin. But I can envision myself laughing like that should Brillo Man have made such a faux pas on our wedding day.

These things made me laugh today: I made up a little ditty song this morning when I woke Olivia up for school --reminding her of good bathroom habits...it goes something like this..."wipe, flush, wash, brush" (Trust me - it was funny.)

Bentley stood on the seat of the van whenever I got out to give Olivia a hug and kiss and put her on the school bus. What's so funny about that?...he honks the horn - over and over - beep - beep - beep - beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! (Good thing we live the in the country and have few neighbors to awaken!

I watched a recorded episode of "So You Think You Can Dance" and laughed at some who THOUGHT they could dance. Not.

Bentley is wildly dashing about the living room trying to catch a fly. He's been at it ALL day and hasn't caught the fly yet. I'm tempted to get the fly swatter, but that would mean Bentley would have nothing to chase and I would have nothing at which to laugh.

Olivia got off the school bus in crying hysterically because "Cassie told me that I can't be best friends with my best friend Krysta because Cassie said I can only have one best friend and she wants to be my best friend but she doesn't get it that I can have a bunch of friends and Cassie is just turning out to be something like a bully , I think! ....Can a girl be a bully?" (I was laughing - on the inside!!! - Olivia never knew I was laughing - but I was. Trust me.)

Humor - sometimes I don't take the time I should to appreciate the humor in life. I tend to take things way too seriously and often times I have to remind myself to lighten up. Because after all....a merry heart doeth good like a medicine! (Proverbs 17:22)

Gotta go get the fly swatter before Bentley drives himself nuts chasing that fly...

2 comments:

Trish said...

Our Schnauzer Max was the same way...he got pretty good at snatching them up after awhile. Funny thing is, he never ate them...just nibbled with his front teeth until there was no movement. Then spit them in the floor!

Pat said...

Bently is a great source of comic relief! You did a great job on the word humor..butthen I knew you would!