background

Thursday, January 08, 2009

What I Believe

I could list a whole bunch of doctrinal stuff here....I believe there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit...

I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the Father, and His imminent personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule over the nations... etc... etc... etc...

BUT...more importantly than all the fundamental Christian truths is this:

I believe that it is my responsibility to do my very best to project the Lord and His love in my every thought, word and deed. The Lord says if He be lifted up, He will draw all men unto Him. Bottom line - I need to lift Him up. If I'm going to wear the badge of 'Christian' and those who know me know that I'm wearing that badge, then I better be doing all that I can do to minimize me and maximize Him. Someone recently paid me the highest compliment ever - she said, "I see Jesus in you." That's my heart's desire...that people look at me and see Him.

I wish I could say that it's an easy task. It's not. There are days - especially in dealing with those closest to me, i.e Brillo Man and Olivia, when my behavior is anything but Christlike. I get moody and irritable. I snip and snap and growl and yell. It's not pretty. My friend says to me, "it's okay, you're human." True. I am human. But I'm a human saved by grace and according to what His Word tells me, I am a new creature - old things are passed away and all things have become new. I need to work on portraying the newness more.

So...what do I believe? I believe that God's grace is infinite...that His mercies are new every morning. Today, I'll do my best to live for Him and when I mess up, I know He forgives me and I start all over again...doing my best. When my best isn't good enough I know that His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

Today, I will lift Him up in the hopes that someone is drawn closer to Him. I will allow more of Him to shine though less of me. I will praise Him for His mercy and grace...and wear the badge of 'Christian' proudly on my sleeve.

That's what I believe.


He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
-Psalm 37:6

3 comments:

Margie said...

Now sister, that is a great post!!

hey... whatever happened with the ornament exchange?

P.S The random word... maker... coincidence, I don't think so!

Pat said...

So good. sooooo good.

Trish said...

Love your heart...as Pat said this is sooooo good!