background

Thursday, March 15, 2012

ER ...in the wee hours of the morning

Last night, I ended up in the Emergency Room - again. Complications not from my broken nose and banged up face, but from my banged up right knee. I was convinced I had a blood clot. It felt very warm to the touch, I was running a low-grade fever and my leg was extremely painful. Two hours and an ultrasound later, it was determined I do not have a blood clot. Yeah!! AND...the ER doc pulled the packing out of my nose---oh, how much better it feels without all that cotton stuffed inside!

While I was sitting there, in the wee hours of the morning, the Lord filled my heart with a song....one of my favorites by CeCe Winans....His Strength is Perfect. Oh, how I needed to embrace those lyrics as I sang quietly in the exam room.



I let the words of the song settle into my spirit as I sang. And when the ER doc arrived with the good news that there was no clot, I raised my hands and said, "Praise God!" I then said to the ER doc, "We have an amazing God!"....as he looked at me kind of dumbfounded. I said, "Shake your head and agree with me Doctor, we have an amazing God!"

"Who knows why we go through the things we do," I turned to my friend who was with me as the doctor left the room, and said, "it just may be that I endured this whole fall/broken nose/bruised knee so that I could plant a seed in that doctor's heart!"

God is good.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh no... sorry to hear this, but pray that by His mighty healing that you will recover quickly and painless less, and that the planted seed will bring forth fruit in due season, buy HIS power!!

Pat said...

Praying for good news - mass disappeared at Fridays dr. appt.
So I just keep on praying for you, waiting to hear praise reports, and praising the Lord for the work he is doing daily in your life, and he seems to be shaking mine up too. It's all good!

Mrs. Mac said...

Deb .. You're amazing and always use an opportunity to witness for God. Love you sis.

Vicki @ Light for the Creative Soul said...

So relieved you didn't have the blood clot, and praying you'll heal up quickly from the fall. Love & hugs!

Margie said...

<3