background

Thursday, July 23, 2009

This Really Happened:

Earlier today in StuffMart, I stood in line while Brillo Man rode his electric scooter around and around and around and around the checkout counter (while waiting for it to be my turn to check out.) When I got to the front of the line, he wheeled up to us, but didn't say a word - just had this "duh?" look on his face. The clerk looked at me and very seriously said (in a whisper), "Is he with you?" He heard her and replied with a very straight face, "No, I'm a stalker." I cracked up! The clerk didn't know what to do. Obviously, she just didn't get it! Of course, it probably didn't help that he was wearing his super bright tie dyed shirt which he refers to as his "fruit-loopy shirt."


Later, when seeing friends at the ice cream stand, John said to Brillo Man, "Hey! I like your shirt." Brillo Man replied, "Thanks. She makes me wear it." (?)



Now Deborah loved Brillo Man more than any other because she had married him in his old age; and she made him wear a richly ornamented shirt.
-Genesis 37:3 DPV (Deb's Paraphrased Version)

6 comments:

Trish said...

Ugh...Brillo man sounds like a hoot!
And the comment about his shirt...typical male sarcasm! ;0)

Mrs. Mac said...

Those shirts are growing on me. I would be able to spot Nathan a mile away should he walk off into the forest wearing one.

Pat said...

Brillo man is much more cooperative then Hal...who you would never catch in that shirt! He's mr. conservative, he only wears shirts with fish and other tasteful pictures on them..ha!

Jada's Gigi said...

You and your Brillo Man are one hysterical pair!

Felisol said...

I'd certainly would like to meet Brillo man some day.
I'd cracked from laughter at the counter if i were there. I actually laughed loudly here, alone in my kitchen.
From Felisol

Call me Joe Legal' in French said...

When it comes to that brillo person I'm not sure which you should get first..... a PFA or a DNR.