background

Monday, July 10, 2006

Surgery


Tomorrow, my husband goes into the hospital to have hip replacement surgery. Up until this point - I have been very calm, cool and collected about the whole process, but have to admit that this morning I awoke with anxiety.

I know that this is just a trick of the enemy to get me thinking about all the things that could go wrong. In fact, just last night, I sent a "kick-the-devil-in-the-butt" email to a friend who has been going through some tough times. I had NO problem reminding her where her heart and her attitude need to be. So, why is it, whenever I'm so quick to give encouragement to my friends, I have a problem "practicing what I preach?!"

This morning ---I'm just going to repeat this verse from God's Word and determine in my heart to grab hold of it and not let go!

Peace I leave with you,
my peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid.
--John 14:27


I covet your prayers for Randy as he has surgery tomorrow!

4 comments:

Pat said...

I'm kicking the prayers into high gear...just want to warn you! May God give Randy (and you) perfect peace as we both know is His desire. I know your computer time will be taking a back seat, that's OK, we're still here in the sidelines praying!

John Cowart said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
I hope Randy comes through this surgery with flying colors.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray...

benning said...

How did the surgery go? My step-dad had his knees done some years back. Then a few years ago he had a hip done. He healed well, but it was a painful time - and he was not a young man when he went through this. I expect your young man will have a fine healing time and a short one, too!

GOD answers every prayer - that's why it feels so good to talk with HIM. HE's always there~! :D