background

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Steadfast


"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
I Corinthians 15:58


This week, I'm reminded that 'working for the Lord' can be something as simple as helping my husband to move his (newly replaced hip) leg off of the footstool.

May we each be faithful - steadfast and immovable in EVERYTHING that we do for the Lord. One of the greatest tricks of Satan is to cause us to lose our focus. Let's purpose in our hearts to focus on the Lord - rather than our circumstances! Don't let the enemy get the upper hand. Remind him that he has lost the war! With God on our side --we are ALWAYS victorious!! And all things work together for good to those who are called according to His purpose!! ...all in His time! (not ours!)

1 comment:

Pat said...

It's so easy to lose focus and see only the circumstances. I'm kind of fighting that battle right now. I admit, caring for and worrying about my mother is wearing me down. My hands are tied, I have to give it to God, but I feel frustrated. The trouble with caring for aging parents is that when their aging, so are you! I think I just have the "poor me's", it's been a tough week at work too, this too shall pass. I covet your prayers. I love this post today, it's just what God ordered, thanks! How is your patient doing? Is nurse Olivia helping out?!