background

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hysterical

Okay...I'm trying really hard not to lose it. My laptop has found itself in this continuous loop ---it will attempt to start ---then it goes to a screen that asks if I want to start it in "safe mode" or "safe mode with networking" or "safe mode with something else or the last known working configuration ....and maybe a few others that I can't figure out. It will count down the seconds and attempt to start - then goes to a blue screen for about a second --not even long enough for me to see what it says - then it shuts down and does the whole thing again ---over and over and over. It's been "looping" for over an hour and I can't get it to stop.

What has me near hysteria is that all my digital photos of Olivia are on that computer --and I can't access them. I'm afraid that they may be lost forever. Can anyone help?

Does anyone know how to stop the loop and get windows to start again?

I'm using my husband's desktop to type this.

When I think of the lost files on my laptop --I could just freak.

2 comments:

Marla Bean said...

Hmmmm.... Buy a Mac?

Computer problems are frustrating! Sorry I can't help. I'm a Mac-user.

Terry said...

dear deb..
i am using the trick i do when i don't want anyone else to see this comment but you..
you are NOT a liar deb.
you are as far away from being a liar as can be.
i don't like to cause waves, so you can delete this if you want.
you know because my hands get a little tired the last week, i haven't been visiting as much as i like the different blogs..
i have been reading your blog from the beginning and it is such a wonderful blog... chuck full of gold..
so i really resent you being called a liar even in jest.
mom golden used to tell us that "shut up" and calling someone a liar are bad words....and i will never do it....
grrrr...you should see how fast my sore hands are typing dear sweet deb
ha bernie always knew that i was mad if i speeded up my crocheting....love terry

ps...you are doing just fine in the way you are bringing olivia up...in fact just the bestest..