background

Monday, December 05, 2005

Ouch.

Well. My friends and I have been doing a Bible Study together - reading and studying a book written by Stormie O'Martian entitled, The Power of a Praying Wife. I have decided that EVERY married woman should read this book. It is incredible! I've already begun to see changes in my marriage ---which ALL have to do with my attitude changing toward my husband. Ah, yes, the Lord has to change me before He's going to change Randy. That is, IF he's going to change Randy. The Lord created Randy just the way he is --I'm sure that a lot of ways in which I hope he'll change --he won't. And I'm finally beginning to see that that's okay. And something else that the Lord reminded me this morning is that often whenever we don't particularly like something that someone does - or we can't appreciate certain character traits --it's because we ourselves do the very thing that we are most critical about, or lack the character trait that we're compaining about. ouch. Are you a married woman? Read the book!

1 comment:

Lora said...

I've been trying to find a way to say thank you for your kind words on my blog but haven't found anything appropriate other than,I feel so touched by your words and your kindness.It means a lot to me what you said about Griffin, that was so special it made tears come to my eyes.
I look forward to reading your blog regularly and getting to know you. Thank you for visitng Deb it is nice to "meet" you.
Lora :)