background

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Those Must Have Been Some REALLY Good Waffles......

So...I was leaving WalMart - having just been shopping and minding my own business and texting photographs of canned SPAM to Margie....the sun was still trying to peek through the clouds.

I loaded my groceries into the car - looked at the sky toward home and said, "oh my."

I turned on the radio just in time to hear KLove broadcast a tornado warning for Greenville. I knew I had to drive right into the storm to get home. I prayed, "Lord, calm the skies and keep me safe," and then proceeded to drive through VERY HEAVY RAIN - visibility almost zero. The rain was pouring down in torrents - sideways - the wind was blowing - branches and leaves were flying - I was dodging debris on the roads - literally.

It took a little longer than usual to make the five mile trip home. Thunder cracking and lightning flashing everywhere.

As I pulled into the garage, lightning struck our flag pool which is about 15 yards from the house.

I began carrying groceries inside where I found Randy and Olivia eating waffles. I said, "There's a tornado warning and lightning just struck the flag pole."

Randy replied, "Yeah, it sounded really close. What do you think we should do?"

To which I replied, "I think we should go to the basement."

He then declared he would do so "just as soon as I'm finished with my waffles - I don't want them to get cold."

I'm thinking to myself...."really???!!!"

11 comments:

Pat said...

He couldn't just take those waffles to the basement? lOL!

Trish said...

Good grief! Lol. That is pne scarey looking sky!

Margie said...

LOL! I totally get that!

SPAM! GROSS! Don't bring it... or you're not eating LOL

Mrs. Mac said...

Thank goodness you didn't take a direct hit from the tornado! Your storm made our local evening news .. sorry about that! Hope all is OK.

Kelly said...

That was about the same time the three tornadoes touched down here. They were all EF 1. One was on the ground for 9.3 miles. It uprooted trees. Did some damage to our mall and one of the local theaters.

Crown of Beauty said...

Must have been really scary, but I am glad you're okay.

Your post made my mouth water for some waffles with syrup and creamed butter.

Anonymous said...

oh wow!!

Felisol said...

What a mighty scenery, and what a mighty God saying hello to you. Hope the waffles tasted well. I'm going to make some now, spelt waffles.

Mrs.N said...

WOW...! Glad you are SAFE! and Glad to have found your BLOG!!! :)

Saija said...

oh my ...
*smile*

David C Brown said...

First things first, obviously!

But I'm sure you could preach on this in a world where many put temporary pleasures before salvation.