background

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Twilight Zone

You are about to enter another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. Next stop.....

Who knows? I suppose it's whenever you choose to set the dial.

I asked Brillo Man..."So, what are you doing with that stuff? Are you planning to build a time machine?!"

These items are wonderfully arranged just 20 feet from our front door. (smile) Do you see me smiling? They've been there now for WEEKS. I haven't said a word. I figured in his good time, he would move them. Of course, it might be the year 2020 before that happens.

But wait, the tan thing on the left - with the glass door - and the dials and knobs....guess what that is?

THAT, my friends is an OFFICIAL NASA Gadget. Yes! Indeed! That contraption was actually used to purify nitrogen for something having to do with the space shuttle missions. I kid you not. He purchased it from some Government Surplus Auction at an Air Force Base. It really is an official NASA thing. (In case anyone cares.) Now granted, I too, do think that it's kind of a neat thing to have something that was used in the space shuttle program...however, I would prefer not to have it sitting 20 feet from my front door.

So this morning, to my glee and delight, Brillo Man tells me that the plan for the day is to clean up the driveway! Awesome! Several hours later - he asked me to move the car out of the garage. Why? So he can put the NASA gadget inside, of course. It's a good thing we have a tiny car - they both fit very comfortably. And now...whenever I drive home from somewhere like...the grocery store. I can pull into the garage, walk into the time machine, set the dial for an hour in the future and come back out to my car devoid of all the groceries...for they will all be put away. He is truly thinking of me, after all.

Yeah. Right.

Wait...on second thought, this could work. I have a birthday coming up in a few days...perhaps I could step into the time machine and shave off a few years!

3 comments:

brillomans forever oldest said...

I have no words hahaha.

Jada's Gigi said...

You must be teh perfect wife for this man...I would go crazy with all that stuff sitting out...I go a little crazy when my hubby leaves his biking gear all over the bathroom....lol

Mrs. Mac said...

Sigh .. and just love him .. and when he's on vacation by himself .. one of these days .. have a garage sale and tell him aliens took his stuff :)

Love,
C