background

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Traveling Meme

I stole this from Pat Just because. How old were you when you first traveled? I think I was about 10. Major trip to Florida. What is your favorite form of traveling: car, bus, train, or plane? For the speed of it, a plane, but I like sightseeing in a car. Where did you go on your first road trip? Florida! Gulf Coast - to visit my Grandmother who was "snow-birding" there. I remember the beach - and Cypress Gardens, and sitting in my Grandmother's living room when Tammy Faye Baker came on the TV - PTL Club...and my Grandma commented about her eye makeup...for it was a "sin", you know! ;) Where did you go on your first bus ride? I think it may have been to Harrisburg, PA - over Easter weekend...for the annual CA (Christ Ambassador) Convention. Sing it with me Pat! We are Christ’s Ambassadors; And our colors we must unfurl. We must wear a spotless robe, Clean and righteous before the world. We must show we’re cleansed,from sin; And that Jesus dwells within, Proving duly that we ‘re truly Christ’s Ambassadors Where did you go on your first train ride? I think it was a scenic railway tour on an old coal-powered steam locomotive here in Pennsylvania. Where did you go on your first plane ride? Rome, Italy! (Well, technically I flew from Pittsburgh to New York to Rome) Motion sickness? Treatment of choice? Stop the motion! Where would you like to go that you haven't been? Alaska, Hawaii, and Scotland Where would you like to go back to? Italy, and New England Traveling alone or with someone? It depends...usually with someone...but I enjoy traveling alone if I'm going to visit someone. Your ultimate traveling dream? If I were in better health, it would be a backpacking trip the entire length of the Appalachian Trail. That's not gonna happen in this lifetime. Feel free to copy and paste to your blog, deleting my answers and filling in with your own!

2 comments:

Pat said...

We are Christ's Ambassadors...I remember it well! We share all those old A/G songs, and I love it!

Hey, try keeping up with my posts! That was a lot of comments to read this morning. You crack me up. That's probably an old A/G phrase too. What phrase is more current then "you crack me up"? Ask Ms. O, she'll keep us current.

Roman J said...

Great information and you shared picture very well thanks short stay parking gatwick.