background

Friday, June 27, 2008

4 am in the Lab

It's 4 am --a quiet night thus far in the hospital laboratory. I thought I'd take a break and type a blog entry.

After two weeks of working the midnight shift --I am off this morning and don't return until Monday at 2:30 pm. YAHOO! What to do with all this time?!...

For one thing, we will be celebrating Olivia's sixth birthday. Her birthday was on Wednesday and I didn't even get to hold her and love on her because she has been staying with my Mom. Mom volunteered to take her on a "vacation" while I worked the midnight shift, knowing full well that I wouldn't get much sleep during the days when Olivia would pounce all over my bed..."Is it time for you to get up yet Mom??!!" Praise God for Grandmas! My Mom has been incredible - offering to watch Olivia and keep her occupied for a few days. Not that Brillo Man isn't capable of doing the same --but it's nice for Olivia to have a little mini vacation at Grandma's - and it also gave Brillo Man some time to do some things around the house that he wanted to get done. Mainly - SCRAPPING. (He is the KING of SCRAP!)

....well....the "stat light" is flashing...meaning my break is over...gotta go save a life....more later

6 comments:

Günter said...

Hi Deb
Very charming blog and so easy to read. Please sorry for my english
Greetings from Austria

Sara said...

deb! welcome back! think about you every day.

Mrs. Mac said...

blankety @@#! blank, blank, blogger ... all my comments are being swallowed up by a giant black hole ... glad you're back.

Pat said...

I miss you....so glad to see a new post! I think Ms. O might just be having the time of her life vacationing with grandma...what memories she'll store up, plus it leave more time for Brillo Man to keep his title as King of Scrap!
Now get back to work!

KayMac said...

Hooray! A new post! We will take what we can get! Enjoy your time off.

Jada's Gigi said...

Sounds like you are doing well on your new job. Yes, we have been missing you! Happy Birthday to Olivia! I don't think I would like the midnight shift very much! :)