background

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Illustration Friday: Tattoo: Sea Life


Sea Life, originally uploaded by beyondhope.

I'm not really a big fan of Tattoos. I don't mind if others put art on their bodies --I just prefer to keep my art on paper and canvas!

But, if I were going to choose something - it would be fashioned after some undersea life. I've always been fascinated with the creatures that live beneath the surface of our waters and envy my brother-in-law who is working toward his Master Diver's certification. I'm sure that the world he sees is beyond description!

So --here's my submission for this week's Illustration Friday --Sea Life --it could be a tattoo...no?

13 comments:

Teri said...

I love this fish. I think your BIL needs one so when he dives the fish will think he is a friend:) Great job!

HARDWAX said...

Beautiful, eye catching artwork, would make a marvelous tattoo as well.

MD said...

Beautiful!
MD

Anastasia said...

Cute fish!!

Anonymous said...

This is very nice! I love the colors used. Lots of detail!

Anonymous said...

Lovely flow to the miriad of colors in this engaging fish. Very serene.

Zórdís said...

Must hurt though ..... If tattooing I WOULD ONLY PUT a black dot beside my lip. That is hurting enough!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, master diver? Actually, I'm both a PADI Master Scuba Diver and a PADI Divemaster. I'm working on instructor certification.

Ellen said...

Great job! Love your work!

Anonymous said...

Fish Tattoo? Afraid it may not become the new fad. Unless,..well maybe you could rotate it left to an upright position, fashion some sheer lingerie, gave it bright red lipstick, holding an umbrella garnished tropical beverage , with an adorning sash inscribed worlds greatest mom. Then maybe.....maybe a...a...a! sub culture fish monger's tattoo parlor in Tahiti would pick up the design and pay you big bucks.

TXArtcGal said...

Beautiful!...and, great texture!! Very nice!

The Unknown said...

Wonderful stuff.
love

Lee said...

beautiful colors!