background

Saturday, February 04, 2006

A Typical Day

A typical day in our household.....

The microwave quit in the middle of cooking our lima beans for dinner. It's an above-the-stove wall mount. Randy took the whole thing down to look for the fuse - which he was convinced was in the top - under the cabinet. wrong. It was behind the front panel. I refrained from saying, "I told you so."

Later that evening --He and Olivia were playing --all of a sudden I hear this HORRIFIC yell from Randy and then Olivia started crying (screaming--because his HORRIFIC yell frightened her.) Apparently, she had kicked him or hit him or something. Needless to say, he was in a LOT of pain and rolled around on the floor for a few minutes trying not to puke. He then proceeded to tell me that I needed to go on the internet and find a photo of the male anatomy and explain to Olivia that she needs to be careful.
yeah. right.

Even later that evening....Randy goes downstairs to his office --I hear a huge yell and a big thud (not necessarily in that order) and then a lot of screaming at Chauncy, our dog. (Chauncy has been downstairs for the past few weeks as he recuperates from his accident - hit by a car - doing well.) I fed him a different brand of dog food yesterday. Big mistake. Chauncy had pooped all over the place --Randy stepped in it on his way down the steps - fell the rest of the way down the steps....and broke his big toe in the process. He's now on his way to the ER since he said that the pain is an 8.5 on a 1-10 scale.

So --typical day here at home.

Randy said I can't tell people that he skidded down the steps on a pile of dog poop --that I need to make up some other story. Here's my story: In honor of the upcoming start of the Winter Olympics, Randy was excited about practicing his poopboarding, I mean, snowboarding....

If he thinks that this story is staying off the blog --he is sadly mistaken.

Good thing he loves me, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poopboarding?! I love it! Poor Randy! Hope your days are less eventful in the future!

laura said...

ROFL!!! You should nickname him The Poopster.