background

Monday, October 21, 2013

In Silence I Sit

In silence I sit waiting.

Yet the noise is overwhelming.

When will Your voice be heard

above the din

above the noise

above the barking in my head?

The voice that calls from within,

calls to You

to be heard

to be recognized

to be healed.

Those around me tell me to be still-

be still and know You are God.

They offer prayers

and words of comfort,

Yet their words do not penetrate

through the noise.

For it is not hearing I lack.

It is my sight.

When will I see?

When will I see?

When will I see?

Your glory?

My eye is filled with mist

and I long to see Your face.

Therefore, in the noise of the silence

I will wait for Your glory

to be revealed in the fog.

2 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

beautiful heartfelt words, Deb.

Mrs. Mac said...

Very insightful and stirring. Lovely post, Deb.