background

Monday, October 29, 2012

Two months.

Okay. So it's been two months since I've blogged. I've been told that if I no longer blog, there's a chance that my blog could be removed from the sidebar of the Traveling Scarf Sister blog!! Oh no!! So...I'm blogging...

Here goes...

I have to say that what is concerning me the most at this particular time is that I am unable to crunch the wonderful sugar-glazed almonds that I purchased while on a recent trip to Michigan. That's right. I have an entire bag of them sitting next to me on my desk and I cannot eat them because of the massive amount of metal that currently resides on my teeth! Whose idea was this anyway? Braces? They're for teenagers. I'm much too old for this stuff. Although I will admit that the newly-acquired metal structure has assisted me in my weight-loss efforts as eating is currently not a very pleasurable experience.

The above photo is not very flattering...in fact, a little scary...oh well...

Each day it does get a little easier however, and one day soon (well, not soon, but in two years...) I may have a beautiful, straight-toothed brilliant smile to show for it. Well, my smile may not be brilliant. Unless of course, I choose to bleach my teeth, for they have yellowed over the years...as all teeth tend to do. I think if I've gone to all this trouble of braces, that I might just have to have my teeth bleached when all is said and done.

For now, I'm content to gum my morning oatmeal... and figure out the best way to dry my mouth before applying the wax that is supposed to provide a barrier to prevent my cheeks from being torn to shreds....let me just say...do not use a washcloth...the little loops on the terry cloth fabric get snagged on the tiny protrusions of the braces and then you're left with this!

So now...it's back to dreaming about the day when I'll again be able to enjoy a piece of celery slathered in peanut butter....sigh....

12 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Laughing here! Not at your discomfort...but at that hysterical washcloth!!

Jada's Gigi said...

I too have been threatened by Ms Catherine....

Mrs. Mac said...

Hey ... that was a loving nudge to blog .. not a threat (LOL). And I see it worked Miss Deb ;)

You are a hoot ..with that washcloth stuck in your mouth!

I think doing a little blog here and there will be good therapy for you .. a way to de-stress from your studies. So any little crumb OR full fledged post will be consumed :) by your readers!

Pat said...

Loved this post...still laughing!
Very nice picture of the wash cloth in your mouth...you are so funny!
I didn't get the threatening letter from Cathy...I have to check my inbox!

Terry said...

you are way too funny deb..you have made our rainy day bright!!
when we were growing up, we longed for braces!..deb, only the rich kids had them and mom and dad golden could never afford it.. neither could most of the "air force brats"'parents...some of the officers kids had them...it was the funniest thing back in those days...those braces would receive radio waves and sometimes you could hear the music of the 50s songs. being transmitted from their mouths..ha!...well i hope you stay away from the m and ms and the twizzlers while you have them braces on ya'...love you deb and we have the computer on to pennsylvania weather net work and also to new york...hope everything is going well with you deb....i love you ..love terry

ps about needing braces though..the golden clan never really needed them..betty is almost 65 and the youngest of the nine is almost 50 and we had the nicest teeth..none of us have "choppers" yet...i will never forget when i went to the dentist and the dental hygienist looked at my teeth[i was in my 50s at the time] and she exclaimed. "my, you have a lot of teeth!".."why?" i asked..."how many SHOULD i have?"...i guess with all of my grey hair, she thought i was an old lady who should o been toothless!...i still have all of my teeth except for the wisdom teeth that never grew in!..ha!..THAT is why i am not wise, eh?
you know deb, that cyndi has the nicest teeth i ever did see!
you know what else deb?..we have mom golden to thank for our good teeth..when we were, she would put powdered mill, water, sugar, vanilla and an egg, shell and all into a blender and blend it into a milk shake...you know all that calcium in the egg shell that we had must have been good for us, eh?
well this chatter box had better hush up now...and say so long!..

Terry said...

.sorry about the spelling mistakes deb..it SHOULD of read,

"when we were just little kids she would put powdered milk, water, sugar, vanilla and an egg, shell and all into a blender and blend it into a milk shake....."

Diane said...

Woman, you crack me up! Imagine what kinds of things we would have all missed had Cathy not sent out that 'do it or die' email! LOL! Hang in there Deb, brighter days are coming....well, assuming you do that bleach thing! :-)

Amrita said...

You made me smile Deb

Trish said...

Oh, Deb I remember my girls going through this. Ouch! Laughing about it should make it a little more bearable...Big Hugs!

Mrs.N said...

LOL! I had braces as a teen and I remember -it was terrible! I had to always draw my upper lip over my braces because it got stuck on the braces! I made the mistake of eating corn on the cob at a summer picnic...not a good idea either. Good luck with them!

Wise Hearted said...

Deb your post was funny even if I don't know. It is refreshing to see someone post pictures that are not the most flattering. I think you have owned your looks instead of allowing others to own you. I bet you are a hoot to be around. Keep up the humor...Blessings

Crown of Beauty said...

Funny girl!

I had braces when I was 48... so there.