background

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Door

"...Beyond the open door is a new and fresh anointing,
Hear the Spirit calling you to go.
Walk on through the door for the Lord will go before you
Into a greater power you've never known before..."

The door is open.
It's not on the hinges.
It cannot be shut.
Therefore, you may retreat once you enter.
Should you choose.
But I don't think you will.

From your vantage point
the room is lit.
Sun shines in the window.
It seems to make so much more sense
to stay in the familiar room
Rather than venture into the unknown.

The path ahead is dark.
No one knows what lies ahead.
Only the first few steps are lit.
What lies beyond?
....a greater power than you've never known before.

Go ahead.
Go through the door.
I dare ya.

"...Where He leads me, I will follow
Where He leads me, I will follow
And where He leads me, I will follow
Into a greater power we've never known before,
Beyond the open door."


"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." -Matthew 7:7,8



Photograph by Olena
Lyrics: Beyond the Open Door by the Gaither Vocal Band

3 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

I love "the door" analogy...He IS that door, ya know...and the strange part is...there is never any judgement whether you go through or not...He is there..on both sides...

Pat said...

Beautiful image - powerful lyrics. I loved this so much.

august032012 said...

LOVE that!! You totally blessed me today!