background

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Last Year I Cried....

This year, I cried again.

Olivia's first day of First Grade

On this day, I'm reminded of my responsibility
to teach her the ways of the Lord.
Father, grant me wisdom to pour into her
what you've poured into me.
Help me to be the best mother I can be.
Grant me patience and give me an extra measure of love.
Help me to choose my words carefully
and to praise her because that is how she will learn best.
May my life be an example to her.
May she always see Jesus in me.
Help me leave a legacy...


Come, you children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
-Psalm 34:11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you! What a sweet, beautiful daughter you have been blessed with!! My little dude just started 2nd grade and is getting glasses next week. See how they grow...

Pat said...

What awesome words and a greater responsiblity. I know you and Brillo man are ready for the task. What a joy to see her grow. As our children grow...we grow right along with them - if we're wise enough to know it. You are both that wise.

Margie said...

she is one cute girl, born to a beautiful mom!

still praying for you.