Looking back over the Summer, there are many things I could have posted had I been in "blogging mode." Many weeks ago - in the beginning of June, we spent a week in the mountains of Virginia at a Massanutten Resort. One of the things we did was take a trip through the Luray Caverns. Brillo Man and I had been there nine years ago during our Honeymoon trip. The caverns are even more dramatic than I remembered them! Perhaps because the first time we toured, I was too busy looking at my new husband and paid less attention to the stalagtites!
Here we are - some of my family. We had a great week together!
back row L-R: Brillo Man, Me, Sister-in-law Colleen, Mother-in-law Bonalee aka Bonnie, Father-in-law Chester, front row L-R: Daughter Olivia, Stepdaughter Kelly, Cousin Jessica
Notice how bright we were in our tie-dye shirts! Couldn't have lost us in that cavern had you tried! Although I think they tried....My father-in-law and I spent way more time than the rest of my family - in fact, they finished their tour an hour before we did! It was worth the extra time - got to enjoy Dad's company. I thoroughly enjoyed his great appreciation of God's creation deep in the depths of the mountains! In fact, as we were packing to go home from our week's trip, Dad commented that the whole trip was worth it because he got to see those caverns!
As for the brightness...I'm thinking that I will bring my entire wardrobe of brightly colored, tie-dye T-shirts to the Scarf Sister's Reunion! That way no one will be able to lose me along the way...just in case they try!
Monday, September 20, 2010
M R Ducks
M R Not
M R 2, C M Big Wangs?...
Okay...so Olivia has raised these two Mallards. (Once upon a time, there were three, until the neighbor's dog intervened, but we're not talking about that...)
These Mallards have quacked their way into our hearts.
We love the Mallards.
Not so much.
Do you see where they are?
Right in front of my studio door.
And when they're not in front of my studio door,
they are in front of the FRONT DOOR!
Needless to say - stepping over the duck droppings as we enter the threshold of our home is not my idea of fun. For one thing, Bentley isn't quite as careful as we are and is quite incapable of wiping his feet.
As I type this, the Mallards are tapping on the storm door and quacking.
I know that if I opened the door, they would waddle right on inside!!
I suppose I should be appreciative of one thing. They do match the house.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Borrowed from Kell's Monday's Musings!
1. what is your current obsession?
can't tell you...yet...but it involves earning lots of money and being blessed beyond belief!
2. what are you wearing today?
currently jeans and a tie dye t-shirt (what else?)
3. what’s for dinner?
no idea. no plans just yet. got to go root around in the freezer.
4. what’s the last thing you bought?
pink glitter tennis shoes for Olivia.
5. what are you listening to right now?
Bentley shaking and scratching.
6. if you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
somewhere in the mountains, near a lake.
7. one thing you wanna change about yourself?
be less negative.
8. if you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
italy. (but I would have to stay longer than an hour!)
9. which language do you want to learn?
10. what’s your favourite quote?
"faith is the bird that feels the light and sings while the dawn is still dark."
11. would you cook for me?
um...no. who are you?
12. what is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
just avoid them. and pray for them.
13. what are you afraid of the most?
dying before I see my daughter grow up.
14. who do you want to meet right now?
all my scarf sisters!
15. what is your favourite color?
i like all the colors. i can't possibly choose one.
16. give us 3 styling tips that work for you.
i don't even use a hairbrush...style? what's style?
17. what is your dream job?
18. what’s your favorite magazine?
Birds and Blooms.
19. if you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
i'd put it toward airfare to somewhere....
20. what do you consider a fashion faux pas?
sandals with knee socks.
21. who according to you is the most over-rated writer?
22. what brings a smile on your face instantly?
23. a word that you say a lot?
24. what are you going to do after this?
25. what do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
26. what makes you go wild?
27. what are your favourite movies?
tootsie, the sound of music, lord of the rings
28. what inspires you?
good art. good music. good people.
29. what do your friends call you most commonly?
30. would you prefer coffee or tea?
tea. (preferably earl grey or peach chai latte) i don't like coffee.
31. which other blogs do you love visiting?
TNTC (too numerous to count)
32. favorite dessert/sweet?
it's a tie between chocolate cake with chocolate icing and peach pie - depends on my mood.
33. how many tabs are turned on in your browser right now?
i have no idea.
34. when you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
i slept long enough and STILL have dark circles under my eyes...perhaps it's true that they are brought on by allergies...
35. favorite season?
spring, without a doubt.
36. one wish that you really want to see it come true?
can't tell you - then it won't come true! ;)
37. what breaks your heart?
the state of our nation and where it seems to be headed.
38. what's one thing you really want to do in life?
leave a legacy for my daughter.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Okay - so you all want to know where I've been and what has been taking up so much of my time that I don't blog very often anymore....
...wish I could share it with you!...I will....someday!!
In the meantime, suffice to say that I have been blessed beyond belief! In a way that that I never thought I would!
And I'm still here...just doing a lot of lurking!